Based in Ukraine
Mars Commando - old school style tower defense game, recruit team members, choose various units with different skills, upgrade units using skill tree, use unique skills, upgrade skills, build barricades and place mines to strategically deflect approaching waves of hostile alien population.
In the year 2049, all the water on Earth has been depleted. The nearest source of the good stuff is our friendly neighborhood Mars. So... let's go get it, shall we? Mars Commando is a defense game that emphasizes unit placement and strategy over swarms of soldiers, allowing you to earn the satisfaction of eradicating thousands of aliens with half a dozen of your own troops. Wave, recruit, wave, recruit. That's the pattern you'll fall into once Mars Commando begins. Each stage features a dozen or so waves of aliens, marching in from the right like there's a sale on gigantic contact lenses. The only thing between your home base and them are a few rocks, your soldiers, and some barricades, the latter two of which you have to pay for and deploy yourself. Click one of the four units, then click "recruit" to pay and add them to your roster. Drag them on the map to set them in the best position, watching where their line of fire sits so you can get maximum coverage. Repeat until your team is full (or until you're out of cash), then head over to purchase barricades, explosives, or add-ons that offer temporary boosts. Afterwards, let the wave begin!
- single-player campaign with strategic elements against hordes of monsters
- dozen of monster types with unique behaviors + unique bosses
- recruit and customize unique soldiers with own skill tree
- upgrade base defense elements and support base power-ups
- customize and control selfish droid
- retro 8-bit pixel art style
- chiptune music
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "700,000 gameplays session on different flash portals" Mar. 02, 2014
- "avg. 4/5 stars rating" Sep. 25, 2014
- "When you barely have the funds to replace your defenses between attacks, are down to your last three wounded soldiers, and can only afford a single mine with which to fend off a huge swarm of Martians waiting to crush your water silo, you’ll properly appreciate just how tense and challenging a game of Mars Commando can be."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Simple but challenging and with a strong focus on building basic strategies. Mars Commando is a smart defense game that will quietly invite your inner general to come out and kick some native alien tail!"
- JohnB, Jayisgames.com
- "Mars Commando - Retro style tower defence-like is hard as nails!"
- ABrugsch, indieretronews
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Old Flash Version Gameplay
Old Flash version on gamejolt portal gamejolt.com.
Vidroid is an indie game studio based in Ukraine. Our goal is to make games that everyone can play.
More information on Vidroid, our logo & relevant media are available here.